Our Stack and Workflow:
- Work planning and documentation - Jira/Confluence
- Code repository, CI/CD - GitLab and GitHub
- Configuration and Package Management – Helm, Ansible and Conda
- Container Orchestration - Kubernetes, Rancher
- Monitoring, Analytics and Visualization - Prometheus, Grafana, Elasticsearch, Fluentd
- Other technologies utilized/supported include, but aren’t limited to Rook/Ceph, Selenium, nginx, Guard, and Checkmarx depending on supported program needs
- Bachelor’s degree in a scientific field and a minimum of 8 years of relevant experience. An equivalent combination of education and experience will also be considered.
- A minimum of 5 years of experience managing UNIX/Linux Systems.
- At least 1 year of experience utilizing Kubernetes for container orchestration.
- Experience utilizing configuration management and automation tools such as Git, Jenkins, Ansible, Puppet, or other CI/CD pipeline tools.
- Moderate fluency in at least one scripting language such as Bash, Python, Go or equivalent.
- Kubernetes certifications such as CKA and CKAD and 2+ years building and maintaining Kubernetes environments.
- Experiencing building and managing Kubernetes infrastructure in a production environment.
- Experience managing virtual infrastructure on public clouds (AWS, Azure, GCP, etc).
- Strong knowledge of multiple operating systems.
- Experience with performance and diagnostic tools for benchmarking, analysis and tuning of systems, networking, and storage
- Previous experience working in a government, scientific, or other highly technical environment.
- Excellent interpersonal skills suitable for user support and ability to work well with peers.
- Demonstrated ability to balance complex research and security requirements.
- Technical documentation skills, including ability to prepare simple documentation web pages.
- RHSA, VCP, AWS Certified DevOps Engineer.