- Interfaces with Product Owners, Scrum Masters, Software Engineers, and Quality Engineers to help understand requirements, challenges, goals, impediments, current state of DevOps and Quality engineering practices to help prioritize improvement needs and to communicate to platforms team.
- Software Engineering, Continuous Integration, Continuous Delivery, and Quality Engineering Practices and Patterns
- Works independently with Software Engineering and Quality Engineers resources to help them apply practices for development, quality engineering which best address their top impediments to fast flow and quality.
- Provides industry POV on best practices and works with full stack teams on implementing these practices
- Contributes to identifying and analyzing impediments related to software delivery practices
- Works with software engineering teams to identify current state and make improvements in continuous integration/ deployment / delivery and testing practices.
- Assists with identifying and implementing modern software engineering and quality engineering practices that measurably increase quality the software
- Help teams become self-sufficient in adopting new DevOps and Quality Engineering practices based on a team’s specific contexts and outcome goals
- Contributes to analysis in establishing improvements in overall engineering and quality practices. Works with platforms team in influencing direction for future framework and toolsets enabling more streamlined engineering practices
- Contributes to feasibility analysis and team's experiments and hypothesis testing for new engineering and quality practices.
- Provides support to product & technical roadmap creation related to software quality initiatives.
- Guiding Others, Technical Leadership, Mentoring & Coaching
- Mentor engineers in modern CI/CD/CT practices that will help reduce lead times and cycle times with higher quality deliverables.
- Coaches software & quality engineers with specific development, DevOps and quality engineering practices (including continuous, shift-left testing) to shorten feedback loop during development process
- Continuous Improvement of Enablement
- Assess and continuous improve the enablement function to better improve the DORA metrics of the Enablement Team's customers (the product development teams)
- Demonstrates knowledge and thorough understanding in technical domain.
- Strong working knowledge of DevOps practices, e.g.:
- Continuous delivery practices
- Continuous integration practices
- Continuous deployment pipelines
- Mocking & service virtualization
- Test automation strategies
- Test driven development
- Lightweight change management
- Test data management
- Design for testability
- Reducing batch size, handoffs, WIP
- Strong working knowledge of the relevant programming languages, tools, and technologies for the area supported.
- Strong understanding of the modern software development life cycle (SDLC).
- Understanding of key technical architectural components and how they should be factored into decisions and recommendations.
- Possesses solid understanding of end to end software delivery practices
- Assist teams with MTTR (mean time to recover) analysis and discovery of multiple contributing causes of issues to reduce incidents and MTTR
- Functions independently and receives limited direction. Work in progress is reviewed as required.
- Selects appropriate work procedures or approaches to address technical challenges, consistent with appropriate standards and policies.
- Training, mentoring techniques, strong verbal & written communication, knowledge of Organizational Change Management concepts and practices.
- Solid influence skills at various levels of management.
- Able to explain, teach and show others how to do (not just do for them).
- Ability to convey technical concepts to non-technical audiences.
- Ability to demo and teach complex DevOps implementation topics.
- Empathy, Perseverance and Curiosity (the big three)
- BS in Computer Science or related fields, or equivalent experience
- 5+ years of related experience
24 Nov 2022